Saturday, April 14, 2012

Game 2 Canucks vs Kings 2012 playoffs

What the HELL was that?

The team played well but the Kings just played their game better.  The Kings PK was in a word amazing,  high intensity quick to the puck and overall a will to win.  With 2 short handed goals it was quite the display.  The overall play of the Canucks was good and at times excellent just without the finish.  The players that stood out for me where Raymond, Higgins and Booth,  these three have really elevated their games.  I did not include Kesler in the list even though he was outstanding he has always elevated his game when he needs to.  The only player that I really did not notice elevate his game so far is Henrik Sedin.

That is one thing about this season the Canucks have been much better team on the road.  I am not hitting the panic button yet, however I will not be doing any more polls until next year.

Now for the officiating I am not sure what was going on there was bad calls on both sides.  No call on Richards for the snow shower on Louongo in the first (I understand that it was not the same Ref's as game one but there needs to be more congruence between officials).  This is the same all around the league. No offside call on the Flyers ending in a goal.

While watching Sportsnet  before the playoffs started the overall consensus was that it would be the Canucks and Penguins in the final.  At this point in time both teams are down 2 games to none.

No panic yet here, I still BELIEVE.

No comments: